Society & Culture

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ramadan; True Story: Just Yesterday?

It was just yesterday

That life my brother was tryna turn away

Gave up the kush sour and haze..

Streets were amazed!

Always In da mosque Giving sadaka he had no limits to his cost

Fasibililah he said Quran he recited, Quran he read..

Havent seen him that happy ever words he spoke more clever

Was rockin his qamis through any weather..

givin dawah tryna help people change for the better!

Making plans for marriage n hijra.. Told me he gone name his first daughter hijra

Jannah was his motivation Pleasing all was his quotation..

Id say Mashallah akhi you came a long way.. alhamdulilah hed say

But somewhere along the way something happen,

Reciting Quran turned to rapping The bright glow coming off him started to fade away

His iman was getting lower day by day..

Stopped seeing him around it was like we didnt even live in the same town

Called his phone like every day Told me inshallah Ill come hang with you one of these days

Months passed he didnt holla walking to the mosque I seen him with his father

His pops took me to the side told me he was giving him nothing but pain

Back to staying out late driving his moms insane.

I went to speak to him told him hes on the fast lane

Youd rather be a prisoner in this dunya dont break the chain

I love you allah loves you, and you gone always be my mane..

May allah guide you and I.. ameen.. I met you through this deen we gon always be a team

Later on that night he came home late again..

Him and his mom got into it.. he lashed out

Walking out the house he bumped his head and passed out

Gave him call the next day but I didnt get a answer

Got a call from his parents, doctor told them my hommie was living with brain cancer

Couldnt believe them

Til I seen him

Subhanallah

Later on that day he passed away..

I couldve sworn we were ankle to ankle, shoulder to shoulder.. praying!

Just yesterday!



Everyone shall taste Death. And only on the Day of Resurrection shall you be paid your wages in full. And whoever is removed away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception (a deceiving thing). Aal-e-Imran [3:185]
massahllah things like these make my eyes full of tars. may Allah grant us his mecy on the day of ahkhirat. ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Society & Culture