Society & Culture

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Community Service Question?

I know to get into a University there must be community service completed. I think an average of 1,000 hours a year. I now volunteer for a childrens tutoring center. On average I work 25-30 hours a month at the center, however I do other volunteer work for other organizations, such as the AIDS, BREAST and MARCH OF DIMES.





I was wondering how would I count my volunteer hours? Would I seperate the hours according to organization or would I add them all up and on my personal statement put down the hours in total and just name the organizations? How would that go?





Thanks in advance !!



Best thing would be total but then provide a break-down of hours at each organization. Sometimes they may require a written/typed statement from the person in charge at the organization (as proof you actually spend the time doing what you're supposed to).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Society & Culture