Society & Culture

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Why do you think people don

I'm doing a design project on Organ Donation and would love some opinions on organ donation so please write what you think. Also, if you could, please tell me what would make it easier for people to donate. Thanks



The two reasons I can think of are because they don't want their body being sliced up after they're dead,and because they don't get around to becoming an organ donor because they don't really think of themselves dying very often




They have been told that if you are an organ donor, your organs have to be removed before you are totally dead. They fear that an overzealous doctor while make the decision that they will not make it and take their organs (reducing their chance of survival considerably).




Because it is scary and not that common... yes, we are already in the XXI century, we all know that organ donation can save many lives... but this is still scary. It is a part of you....of your body. Selfish but true...





In my opinion this is an educational issue. Maybe our kids, who will be born in society where organ donation is an option, will think of it as smth normal or even necessary.





Personally I don't know about donation...but with this economic crisis i'll pretty soon have to sell my kidney in order to pay my fees(((




Some people refuse to donate for religious reasons. Some religions have strict guidlines for corpses involving burial and the like... donating would be desicration of the body...




I've heard some people say that they don't want to sign up as an organ donor, because they're afraid that if they are hurt critically, that the doctors won't save their lives.




There can be many reasons, however, I would not donate if I were a smoker, alcoholic or diabetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Society & Culture