Society & Culture

Thursday, April 2, 2009

My wife and I are both disabled .?

Alright my wife and I are both disabled. She has virtually no left hip left ,and I have Severe Fibromyalgia ,Depression ,Anxiety ,Multiple Moods Disorder , Severe sleep apnea ,Chronic Back pain ,nerve damage , and severe disk degeneration . Every month it seems we go deeper and deeper in debt just trying to keep up with the regular bills .We have canceled cable tv . Long Distance phone ,I want to cancel our cell phones but ,do not want that $200 a line charge ,so that has to wait . My wife is the only one recieving disability ,I am still fighting for mine..Is anyone out there willing to help or give us some ideas ..Please do not be rude ..One day you may find yourself sitting where we are ..



Hopefully, some of this might help. Are there any local churches/ non-profits you can go to to ask for help? It doesn't matter whether or not you are a Christian, most will still help you with food, clothing, etc. As far as the disability goes, it always helps to have someone help who knows more about the system. Do you have any friends of friends who might know someone more familiar with the system. Perhaps a lawyer? There is also free credit counseling systems that can help you with your finances. That's all I can think of at the moment.




I am in a similar situation---may be starting the process of applying for SSDI shortly--i've tred finding help--





people wiill give money to pay for proms and weddings--but not for basic needs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Society & Culture