Society & Culture

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Do you think this is a good idea?

I sell health and wellness beauty type products. I have always wanted to give back and help others, but like most people I have to work and don%26#039;t have much extra time.





Well I figured out a way I may be able to help others at the same time I work my business. I make a 35% retail profit on my sales and then I also get paid a percentage commission on my total team sales. I would like to offer individuals and groups my 35% profit to be donated to their charity of choice.





Here is how it would work. I sell over 300 products so something for everyone. Example: Rather than buying their normal shampoo and conditioner from the salon, they purchase from me and with each purchase they make, I donate my retail profit to their charity of choice. For those products, it would be about $10.00 each time, but over a year the charity has received about $120.00 just by them switching who they shop with. I can afford to do this, because I am still paid a commission on my sales and team sales. So I feel good also because I am able to provide this additional avenue of income to the charity?





What do you think? Will people like this idea?





Thank you for your feedback! Nice get real people%26#039;s thoughts before I make appointments to actually visit with different groups.



i think it is a fantastic idea. it enables people to not only donate money without actually costing them anything but also raises awareness of the need for charitable donations. i wonder how easy it will be for you from an administrative perspective to donate the 35% to lots of individual charities though? Might it be an idea to think of a few charities - maybe a large national charity that will be relevant to a number of people (eg child protection, cancer research etc) and maybe a local charity that will benefit people within your own community. This would enable you to keep a running total of the money donated to the chosen charities, and would have the added benefit of a) being easier for you to administer, b) receiving a larger sum of money for teh charities is more beneficial than a small amount to many different charities, c)if you are making regular donations to selected charities you can sign a gift aid form whcih enables them to claim back income tax on the donation. this costs you nothing but gives the charity extra funds via the government tax back scheme.


you would be able to advertis ethe running total and this would perhaps also boost your sales as peopel became aware that you were helping the local community too. a win-win situation. you could change the charities each year if you wished.




I think it sounds good as long as your product workd other wise people wont want to buy it. But i would probably if it worked i think its a great way to give back :)


%0D%0A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Society & Culture